Thursday, May 10, 2012

When I was alone, would you have been there?
When I was terrified, would you have held me?
When my world was falling apart, would you have helped hold me together?
When I needed someone, would you have been there?

When I couldn't find anything to love about myself, would you have loved me?
When I was in pain, would you have held me?
When I could barely remember my own name, would you have reminded me?
When I could hardly function, would you have helped me?

When I would smile during the day and cry every night, would you have held me?
When all I wanted to do was hide, would you have loved me?
When I looked haggard, old, and tired, would you have loved me?
When I was numb, would you have held me til I could feel again?

When I was sinking into myself, would you have helped me?
When I felt like a terrible person, would you have loved me?

No comments:

Post a Comment